Honolulu Bicycle Accident Attorney
Compassionate & Client-Focused Service
At the Law Office of Jon S. Jacobs, LLLC, we represent people who have been injured in bicycle accidents. The number of vehicles that share Hawaii’s roadways with bicyclists ensure that motor vehicle/bicycle accidents are a fact of modern life.
Bicyclists can be difficult for drivers to see, even if wearing high-visibility clothing and using reflectors. This doesn’t mean that you deserve to be injured. Call our Honolulu bicycle accident attorney today to receive loyal advocacy. We have more than 15 years of legal experience and can help you recover damages.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents are often the result of the other driver’s negligence.
Some of the most commonly cited causes include:
- Cutting off a bicyclist at an intersection
- Failure to yield
- Following too closely
- Swerving in front of a bicyclist
- Driving under the influence
Too many drivers do not pay proper attention and fail to look out for bicyclists. Injuries that result from bicycle accidents are often severe. A bicyclist simply has less protection than someone in a motor vehicle, even if the bicyclist is wearing a helmet.
Additionally, the impact of a motor vehicle on a bicycle tends to result in the bicyclist being ejected, causing serious injuries. Injuries one can receive from a bicycle accident include cuts and abrasions, sprains and fractures, broken bones, brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, burns, and more.
Call our Honolulu bicycle accident attorney now at (808) 468-6484 – we’re here to listen.
Even if you’re an experienced bicyclist, it’s still important to review bike safety tips so you can do everything in your power to avoid getting into an accident that could potentially end your life.
If you have been injured, you need an attorney who has experience in bicycle accident cases. Mr. Jacobs understands the complex laws that apply to these cases in Hawaii, and he can help you maximize your chances of winning the compensation you deserve.
To avoid collisions, make the following safe choices:
- Don’t wear headphones while riding, in order to listen for approaching vehicles
- Keep both hands on your handlebars to remain in control of your bicycle, except while signaling
- Keep both feet on your pedals if you need to make sudden stops
- If you’re in a group, ride with the flow of traffic in a single-file line
- Wear bright colors and retro-reflective material to be seen by other drivers at night
- Use the correct hand signals so other drivers and riders can see where you’re turning
- Stop and look before you enter a roadway
15+ Years of Legal Experience
Proven Record of Success
Former Deputy Prosecutor & Insurance Defense Attorney
Trustworthy & Trial-Ready Representation
You want a lawyer who understands the specifics of your situation. With more than 15 years of legal experience, Attorney Jon S. Jacobs can be trusted to apply his knowledge and resources to your case and strive for optimal results.