Honolulu Product Liability Lawyer
Protecting Families from Defective & Dangerous Products
When a company manufactures a product with the intent of selling it to the public for a profit, it has a duty to ensure that the product it is placing into the marketplace is safe and not unreasonably dangerous. Problems with products can include how the product or device was manufactured, designed, and tested, or a failure to give proper warnings or notice of dangers associated with use of the product. As consumers, we assume that the products we see on store shelves and buy for our families are safe. Unfortunately, that is not always the case, and oftentimes the product manufacturers care more about maximizing profits and protecting their image than the safety and welfare of the public.
If you have been injured, you need an attorney who has experience in products liability cases. Mr. Jacobs understands the complex laws that apply to these cases in Hawaii, and he can help you maximize your chances of winning the compensation you deserve.
How Can I Check if My Product Has Been Recalled?
There are three main governmental bodies you can check with to see which defective or dangerous products have been recalled, depending on what the product is.
You can check updates on product recalls through:
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission: This includes consumer products ranging from furniture to appliances, as well as clothing, toys, light fixtures, and more.
- The Food and Drug Administration: You can check their online list for updates on recalls of FDA-regulated products that include all types of packaged and canned goods, as well as prescription drugs.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: You can learn if your vehicle, airbag, or other vehicle-related device has been recalled.
Call (808) 468-6484 today to get in touch with our product liability lawyers in Honolulu. We’re ready to help you achieve justice.
Defective and dangerous products cause thousands of injuries every year, and while there are countless different kinds of products that can harm consumers, there are three main types of product liability cases we see.
Because so many consumers use the same products, you’re not just doing yourself a favor by filing a personal injury claim – by raising awareness of the injuries the product caused, you’re also helping other consumers avoid the same fate.
Common types of product lawsuits include:
- Failure to warn: This occurs when a product doesn’t have adequate safety warnings or instructions, which means manufacturers, distributors, and/or sellers may be held responsible for failing to warn consumers.
- Design defect: Manufacturers, distributors, and/or sellers may be held liable if the design of a product is unsafe or dangerous.
- Manufacturing defect: Manufacturers are most often held liable if the product contains a defect that occurred during the manufacturing or assembly process.
15+ Years of Legal Experience
Proven Record of Success
Former Deputy Prosecutor & Insurance Defense Attorney
Trustworthy & Trial-Ready Representation